Tribal Burial Program
All burial applicants are first required to make a BIA application at an applicable BIA area office. Upon approval or denial of a BIA application, a Tribal Burial application will be initiated. BIA Burial and Tribal Burial payments may not exceed a combined total of $4,500.
Burial Assistance is up to $4,500. In the event the funeral cost is less than $4,500, the funeral home or cemetery shall receive the actual cost. Payments will be made directly to funeral homes or cemeteries. Reimbursements will not be allowed. Food for Funeral assistance is up to $500. Food vouchers or food expense reimbursements will be issued to the responsible party. Food vouchers will be redeemable at eligible food vendors. Reimbursements will be made payable to the responsible party.
- Deceased must be an enrolled Muscogee (Creek) Citizen. – Exception: Children under five (5) years old and not enrolled Muscogee (Creek) will be considered. A copy of the parent’s citizenship card is required, along with the child’s birth certificate showing the parents name(s). Hospital verification/medical documents can be accepted in lieu of birth certificate on a case-by-case basis. One biological parent must be enrolled with the Muscogee (Creek) Nation.
- Death must have occurred within one (1) year from the time the responsible party makes application.
Additional documents may be requested on a case-by-case basis.
- Signed application or authorization to sign from head of household/responsible party
- Muscogee (Creek) Tribal citizenship verification for deceased
- Social Security Card for deceased
- Signed burial contract
- Parent’s citizenship card (when applicable)
MCN Social Services
6711 S. Yale Ave, Suite 106
Tulsa, OK 74136
Phone: (918) 549-2484
Fax: (918) 298-4197