Maybe you mean: 'fvpp' or 'News' or 'CRD' or 'TCS' or 'HSSlider' or 'SPrevention'
The Mvskoke Nation Youth Services (MNYS) program was created in October 2014. It is a result of the 2014 Strategic Planning session. Citizens of the Muscogee (Creek) Nation ages 12-24 are eligible to participate in services.
Engage Mvskoke youth in organized activities that will contribute to the community and tribal community; and help them enhance their interest, skills, and abilities into their adulthood.
Empowering Mvskoke youth by connecting to culture, community and resources.
- Empower Mvskoke Youth
- Sustain the Mvskoke Way of Life
- Connect Youth to Existing Resource
- Promote Existing Health Programs
- Identify Gaps in Services
- Build Civic Awareness
- Recruit & Train Youth Advocates
- Encourage Positive Relationships
- Youth Voice-the ideas, opinions, involvement, and initiative of people considered to be “young”.
- Collaboration-a joint effort of multiple individuals or work groups to accomplish a task or project.
- Youth Empowerment-is an attitudinal, structural, and cultural process whereby young people gain the ability, authority, and agency to make decisions and implement change in their own lives and the lives of other people, including youth and adults.
- Youth Service-the involvement of young people in providing services to the Mvskoke Nation and their communities.
- Youth Advocacy-to provide support to young people in all areas that affect them, be it education, housing, employment, unemployment, health, social security, recreation and human relationship.
Nancy Mason, MHR; Director
Nancy Mason is a member of the Choctaw Nation. She obtained a Master of Human Relations degree from the University of Oklahoma. She has worked with youth and families since 1994 as a direct care staff, child welfare worker and as a program development specialist. Her primary focus has been in working with teenagers as they transition to adulthood. Nancy specializes in Positive Youth Development, Person Centered Planning, youth advisory boards, event planning, life skills implementation, group facilitation and strategic planning. Nancy has assisted in the development of the Native Pathways to Adulthood and the Presenting with Purpose curriculum for foster youth and service providers.
Mvskoke Nation Youth Service
PO Box 580
Okmulgee, OK 74447
Director: Nancy Mason, MHR