Supplemental Burial Program
OUT OF CREEK NATION (OCN) SUPPLEMENTAL BURIAL
It shall be the policy of the Muscogee (Creek) Nation to assist all eligible Muscogee (Creek) citizens who had resided out of Creek Nation or any other tribe’s jurisdiction. Assistance will be provided in lieu of the BIA Burial payment available to citizens who live within a tribal jurisdiction. Assistance provided may be up to $2,500. Not a reimbursement program. Guidelines apply.
The OCN Supplemental Burial Program is an indigent burial assistance program based on available resources and need. This program provides assistance to families of a deceased citizen enrolled with the Muscogee (Creek) Nation, with funeral costs. Assistance up to $2,500 may be available and varies based on available resources and need including, but not limited to, insurance policies, burial policies, Individual Indian Monies (IIM) accounts, bank accounts, Social Security, VA benefits, etc. The deceased must have lived in the Muscogee (Creek) Nation service area. Payment is made directly to the funeral home. Reimbursements are not allowed.
THE APPLICATION WILL BE SENT TO THE RESPONSIBLE PARTY IF DECEASED MEETS ELIGIBILITY.
- Deceased must be an enrolled member with Muscogee (Creek) Nation at the time of death.
- Deceased must meet income guidelines.
- Proof of death is verified in writing by the funeral home.
- Application must be made within 30 days from date of death. Original signature is required.
BASIC REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION:
- Copy of citizenship card for deceased or a printout from the deceased’s tribal Citizenship Office.
- Copy of social security card for deceased.
- Copy of signed burial contract.
- Resident verification for deceased. Mail must have been received and postmarked 30 days prior to death.
- Income verification/available resources include, but not limited to, check stubs, insurance policies, burial policies, Individual Indian Monies (IIM) accounts, bank accounts, Social Security, VA benefits, etc.
- Must provide most recent bank statement.
- Should insurance policies, burial policies, Social Security, VA, etc. not pay, a statement on the company’s letter is required.
- Copy of death certificate. (May take more than 30 days to receive.)
- Additional information may be required to determine eligibility.
Person(s) who signs the burial contract with the funeral home is considered the responsible party and must sign the application with the Social Services Office.
RESPONSIBLE PARTY MUST APPLY WITHIN 30 DAYS FROM DATE OF DEATH
THIS PROGRAM HELPS ALLEVIATE FUNERAL COSTS. IN MOST CASES, PAYMENTS WILL NOT PAY THE BALANCE OFF.
MCN Social Services
6711 S. Yale Ave, Suite 106
Tulsa, OK 74136
Phone: (918) 549-2484
Fax: (918) 298-4197