LOW INCOME HOME ENERGY ASSISTANCE PROGRAM (LIHEAP)
Effective May 2, 2016:
LIHEAP will no longer be used in conjunction with Tribal Energy. Energy staff will work with the applicants to determine best program for their need.
It shall be the policy of the Muscogee (Creek) Nation to assist all eligible federally recognized tribal members with energy costs. Applicants must live within the Muscogee (Creek) Nation jurisdictional area and meet income guidelines. Program is seasonal.
The LIHEAP Program is funded by allocations of a regular block grant fund (Department of Health and Social Services/Administration for Children and Family) under a Continuing Resolution by an act of Congress. Therefore, assistance is based on a first come first serve basis.
Comments for the LIHEAP Model Plan can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- An applicant may apply on behalf of a minor child that is a member of a Federally Recognized Indian tribe. Proof of custody or residence verification of the qualifying minor child may be required.
- Applicant/head of household must reside in the Muscogee (Creek) Nation service area.
- Household must meet income guidelines. INCOME MATRIX (link)
- Household must have not received LIHEAP assistance through DHS, or any other agency providing LIHEAP funds. (Including tribal towns.)
- Utility service MUST be on. Service that has been disconnected will not be eligible for LIHEAP. Applicants applying due to no propane or no wood will be considered as service being disconnected.
- Household must meet income guidelines – Click here for income guidelines
BASIC REQUIRED DOCUMENTS:
- Copy of citizenship card or CDIB card for all household members. Driver license/ID or birth certification will be accepted for non-Indians.
- Copy of social security card for all household members.
- Income verification for household.
- Utility bill (Utility bill must be in applicants name or a spouses name.)
- Additional information may be required, depending on the situation.
The LIHEAP program is not an emergency assistance program. Due to the high volume of applications received, it may take up to 90 days or longer for the application and payment to be processed. All applicants are encouraged to keep paying their utility bills. The Social Service office will not send pledges to utility vendors. Once an application is approved, the applicant will receive an approval letter, and the utility vendor will receive a payment by mail.
Cooling Season is May thru September. Pays electric bill. Elder and Disabled applicants are assisted first.
Heating Season is November thru March. Pays gas bill, propane bill, wood vendor information, electric bill (if total electric-must show usage to determine total electric). Elder and Disabled applicants are assisted first.
1000 Riverwalk Terrace STE 240
Jenks, OK 74037
Phone: (918) 549-2484
Fax: (918) 298-4197