The Muscogee (Creek) Nation Elder Service Department was created in 1999 as a responsibility to further develop and enhance services for the growing elderly population, defined as persons 55 years of age and older. This responsibility includes establishing supportive services to improve the quality of life for citizens that are 55 years of age or older, the frail, the impaired, and for those citizens who are in need.
We also provide an avenue for social interaction and development through a monthly elders meeting, local trips, and group travel to cultural activities and events such as Elder Games, Grandparents Day Celebrations and a Holiday Luncheon.
All communities, churches, ceremonial grounds, and elder groups are encouraged to share information about activities with the Elders Department in order to disburse information and create unity nationwide.
Under the direction of the Elders Advisory Committee, the mission of the Vculvke Vfvstetv Elder Services Department is to follow the guidance of our Elder Citizens meeting their present needs by providing supportive services through a community based system for all elders.
Elders Advisory Committee
The Vculvke Vfvstetv Elders Services Advisory Committee shall be established in compliance with federal regulations or by Tribal law with the assistance of the manager of the Elder Services Department. The committee is merely an advisory committee; it is not a governing body and has no policy-making power. The committee can offer advice regarding the overall operation of the Elder Services Department to the department manager and the committee shall consist of one (1) elder member from each chartered community.
Lawn Service Program Guidelines
• Supplemental lawn service
•Must present Muscogee (Creek) Citizenship Card
• Must be 55 years or older
•Must sign release of liability and guidelines prior to mowing
• Must be home while crew is mowing on first visit
•Citizen is responsible for mowing lawn in between supplemental
mowing’s. We may refuse to mow lawn if grass is over 12 inches high
• Crew must be warned of any hazards (pipes, boards, tree stumps, etc)
• Yard must be clear of debris, trash, bottles, etc. (Yards that are not
cleaned up will not be mowed until yard is clean)
• Will only mow up to one acre
• WE DO NOT BRUSHHOG
• Must reside inside the Muscogee (Creek) Nation jurisdiction
Winter Services Guidelines
• Must present Muscogee (Creek) Citizenship Card
• Must be at least 55 years or older
• Must be home while crew is there
• Animals must be placed indoors or tied up
• Light Maintenance (changing light bulbs, batteries in smoke detectors, some weatherizing)
• Spray for insects around the outside of the home
• Cut/Gather/Deliver firewood (as schedule allows)
• Clean Gutters
• Must reside within the jurisdictional boundaries of the Muscogee (Creek) Nation
Muscogee (Creek) Nation Senior Services Department ask that each Community within the Muscogee (Creek) Nation make a list of the type of work requested so we can create a daily schedule. We will need names, addresses, contact telephone numbers and Roll numbers.
If you have any questions about any of the services listed please contact the Senior Services Department at (918) 732-7699 or (918) 732-7765.
Muscogee (Creek) Nation
Senior Services Department
PO Box 580
Hwy 75 & Loop 56
Okmulgee, OK 74447