skip to Main Content

Child Care Assistance


To participate in the Muscogee (Creek) Nation’s child care assistance program parent(s) must either be working, training or enrolled in an education program.

The Muscogee (Creek) Nation serves all Muscogee (Creek) and other Native American families that reside within our eleven-county boundaries.   We also serve all Muscogee (Creek) families within 100 miles near the eleven-county boundary of the Muscogee (Creek) Nation. The Muscogee (Creek) Nation has an active Muscogee (Creek) community in the Oklahoma City area and services are provided to that area.

To apply for assistance parent(s) must submit a completed application with the following:

  1. Current one-full month pay stubs and Income Verification and/or class schedule list the days and hours of attendance with financial aid or Bursar’s Student Account for each parent. Submit all household income received.
  2. Proof of residence (utility bill or lease agreement).
  3. Copy of children’s Birth Certificate and Citizenship or CDIB cards.
  4. Copy of the child’s current Immunizations (Shot Records).

Faxes and e-mails are accepted for child care assistance applications and income.


The Office of Child Care operates on a certificate program. Parent(s) may choose a state licensed day care center; state family day care home; tribal registered child care provider; or select a family member or friend over the age of 18 that meet the registration requirements of the child care program. Child care cannot be provided in the child’s home. (For a listing of tribal registered child care providers contact the Resource & Referral Unit).

Parents are approved for a 12-month eligibility period (October 2016 to September 2017) and re-certify by the 10th day of the 11th month by submitting a copy of their current monthly income or letter from the school registrar’s office. Parents will be assessed a monthly family share co-payment to be paid to the child care provider. The co-payment is determined by the monthly household income and the number of persons residing in the household and is not based on child care usage.

When the parent(s) is approved for child care assistance the Child Care Assistance Caseworker will mail an Approval Letter to the parent(s) and the child care provider. Certificates and Attendance Records will be mailed to the child care provider after Licensing & Monitoring have approved the child care provider.


Child care assistance can be provided for parent(s) searching for employment. An application must be complete and approved. Parent(s) must be registered with the Workforce Oklahoma or Muscogee (Creek) Nation Employment and Training.


Child care assistance can be provided for foster children in the Muscogee (Creek) Nation custody. The foster parents must contact the Office of Child Care for an application and to eligible the foster parents must either be working, training or enrolled in an education program.


Payment is made directly to the child care provider. Income received by the child care provider will be reported to the IRS. Claims for the certificates must be submitted within 45 days of the certificate. Assistance paid for by the Office of Child Care cannot be used for any tax credit by the parent(s).

For more information regarding child care assistance or to request an application contact one of the following staff:

Jo Ahtone – Child Care Assistance Supervisor – 918-732-7658

Cynthia Watashe – Child Care Assistance Caseworker – 918-732-7671

Tammy Rabbit – Child Care Assistance Caseworker – 918-732-7675

Katie Hooks – Child Care Assistance Caseworker – 918-732-7686

Back To Top