School Clothing Guidelines
GUIDELINES PLEASE READ AS SOME GUIDELINES HAVE CHANGED
The 2019 School Clothing Program starts January 3, 2019 and ends December 31,2019.
- MCN School Clothing grant is $200 for students in head start through the 5th grade and $250 for students in 6th grade through the 12th grade.
- Assistance is based on funding availability.
- Apply once per program year for each student, January 2019 through December 2019
- Reimbursements are not allowed.
- Purchases are not tax exempt.
- The school clothing check is void after 90 days from the date of the check
- Once the check is cashed by the applicant, the Muscogee (Creek) Nation/School Clothing Program are absolved from any further responsibility.
- Completed application – IF NOT COMPLETE YOUR APPLICATION WILL BE MAILED BACK TO YOU *Completed application includes pages 1 and 2, school enrollment form and citizenship card.
- COPY OF EACH STUDENT’S CITIZENSHIP CARD. NO EXCEPTIONS!
- Applicable school enrollment form that is attached to the application. -IF NOT COMPLETE, THE FORM WILL BE MAILED BACK TO YOU. Schedules, demographics, report cards, letters on school letterhead, etc. will not be accepted.
- Verification of guardianship or other documents may be requested as needed.
- Due within 90 calendar days from the date on the check, not the date the check is cashed.
- Postmark dates will be accepted. Postmark dates must be legible and have the date printed.
- Receipts must be dated on or after the date on the check. This is not a reimbursement program.
- Receipts must be grouped and labeled by student OR combined receipts must be clearly marked showing amount spent per student.
- Receipts are monitored for non-compliance.
*Do not submit cash, coins, check or money orders or other forms of payment with receipt.
- Copies, scanned or original receipts will be accepted. (Do not submit photos of receipts)
- Legibly print the head of household name, student’s name and phone number on each receipt.
- All receipts must be dated, itemized, and have the store name and phone number. Do not cut off any information.
- Garage sale receipts will not be accepted.
- School receipts (clothing purchased from a school) must be itemized, dated, stamped with school Stamp and signed by a school official.
- Receipts will NOT be accepted if combines with other purchases (ex. toiletries, food, non-clothing items) highlighters are used on the receipts, receipts are stapled or taped, the date is not on the receipts. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Receipts must total or exceed the amount awarded to each student.
- It is head of household’s responsibility to make copies of receipts for their records.
***Failure to comply with receipt due date and amount will result in student being ineligible for the following program year. Exceptions to this will include a natural disaster or medical/family emergency. Documentation of the natural disaster or medical/family emergency and a written appeal must be submitted within 10 calendar days from date of MCN’s notifications. The documents must be dated within 90 calendar days of the date on your check.
*** If receipts are not submitted or receipts do not total or exceed the amount distributed for the previous year, that child will not be eligible for assistance, regardless of who applied for the child.
Approved Clothing Items: Tops, pants, jeans/shorts, dresses/skirts, undergarments, belts, winter hats, winter gloves, scarves, coats, shoes, boots, coveralls. Any items purchased that are not listed on the approved list are subject to denial. Non approved items will not be counted toward your receipt total.
Non-Approved Items: check cashing fee, food, pop, candy, cell phones/minutes, make-up, perfumes, colognes, pajamas, sleepwear, swimsuits, sports gear/mouth pieces, shoe inserts, back packs, school supplies, hair accessories, jewelry, prom dresses/tuxedos, suits, formal wear, umbrellas, donations, bag fees
School Clothing Staff
School Clothing Program
2971 N. Wood Dr
PO Box 580
Okmulgee, OK 74447
Monday thru Friday 8:00 am. to 5:00 p.m.
Office: (918) 549-2473
Toll Free: (800) 482-1979
Fax: (918) 549-2478