BIA Burial Assistance
All burial applicants are first required to make a BIA application at an applicable BIA area office. Upon approval or denial of a BIA application, a Tribal Burial application will be initiated. BIA Burial and Tribal Burial payments may not exceed a combined total of $4,500.
Assistance is up to $3,000. Resources available on date of death will be deducted from $3,000. In the event the funeral cost is less than $3,000, the funeral home shall receive the actual cost. Payments will be made directly to funeral homes. Reimbursements will not be allowed.
- Deceased must be enrolled in a Federally Recognized Indian Tribe.
- Deceased must have lived within Muscogee (Creek) Nation boundaries.
- Death must have occurred within one hundred eighty (180) days from the time the responsible party makes application.
- Income for deceased and spouse or parent(s) of minor must not exceed 150% of the current Federal Poverty Level.
- Resources for deceased and spouse or parent(s) of minor available on date of passing must not exceed $3,000.
Additional documents may be requested on a case-by-case basis.
- Original signed application or authorization to sign from head of household/responsible party
- Tribal citizenship verification for deceased
- Social Security Card for deceased
- Signed burial contract
- Residence verification for the deceased dated within the past thirty (30) days (utility bill, written verification from current landlord, postmarked mail, etc.)
- Income verification (paystubs, award letters, pension, veterans benefits statements, etc.) for deceased and spouse or parent(s) of a minor
- Resource verification (bank statements, savings account statements, life insurance policy, etc.) for deceased and spouse or parent(s) of a minor
Person(s) who signs the burial contract with the funeral home is considered the responsible party and must sign the application with the Social Services Office. Must have original signature.
MCN Social Services
6711 S. Yale Ave, Suite 106
Tulsa, OK 74136
Phone: (918) 549-2484
Fax: (918) 298-4197