Tribal Burial Program
The Tribal Burial Program provides assistance to all eligible Muscogee (Creek) citizens with the Tribal Burial Program. Assistance provided shall alleviate some of the funeral costs up to $3,000. In the event the funeral cost is less than $3,000, the funeral home shall receive the actual cost. After all payments have been made by an employer, burial policy, insurance policy, and/or trust fund, etc., to the funeral home performing the service; the family may apply for assistance as long as a balance is remaining. Reimbursements are not allowed.
BASIC REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION:
- Copy of citizenship card or printout from the MCN Citizenship Office for the deceased.
- If deceased is a child and not yet enrolled, proof of parentage must be provided.
- Copy of social security card for deceased.
- Copy of signed burial contract from the funeral home.
- Application must be made within one (1) year from date of passing.
- Should the responsible party, person who signs the burial contract, is not able to make application in the office, he/she may give written authorization for another individual to make application and pick up the food voucher.
- Additional information may be required, depending on situation.
Person(s) who signs the burial contract with the funeral home is considered the responsible party and must sign the Tribal Burial Application with the Social Services Office.
Should the responsible party not be available to sign the application, he or she may give another person permission to sign the application on their behalf and pick up the Food for Funeral voucher. The authorized person must provide a signed statement from the responsible party stating that authorization.
RESPONSIBLE PARTY MUST APPLY WITHIN ONE YEAR FROM DATE OF DEATH
THE BURIAL ASSISTANCE PROGRAM HELPS ALLEVIATE FUNERAL COSTS. IN MOST CASES, PAYMENTS WILL NOT PAY THE BALANCE OFF.
MCN Social Services
6711 S. Yale Ave, Suite 106
Tulsa, OK 74136
Phone: (918) 549-2484
Fax: (918) 298-4197