Natural Disaster Assistance
Provides assistance with shelter and utility cost to Muscogee (Creek) citizens who have experienced a Natural Disaster as defined below. Assistance includes replacement of necessity items such as clothing, personal hygiene, groceries, furniture, housing and/or emergency shelter and utility costs. Applicants must apply concurrently for other resources including Red Cross. Maximum benefit per event is up to $5000.
TYPES OF NATURAL DISASTERS INCLUDE, BUT IS NOT LIMITED TO:
- Necessity items.
- Clothing ($250 per Creek citizen)
- Personal Hygiene
- Bedding items
- Kitchen Items
- Grocery items ($200).
- Shelter expenses (rent and/or deposit).
- Utility expenses (electric, natural gas, propane, wood, and water).
**Will not cover electronics, dvds, items for pets, alcohol, cigarettes, etc.**
BASIC REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION:
- Copy of citizenship card or printout from the MCN Citizenship Office for all household members. Driver license/ID or birth certification will be accepted for non-Indians.
- Copy of social security card for all household members.
- Copy of fire report and/or documentation on disaster.
- Pictures of damage.
- Additional information may be required, depending on situation.
Applicants who are at fault for causing the fire, such as a meth lab, will not be assisted. However, Creek children in the home will be assisted with clothing and food. Social Worker must contact the fire department and to verify that the children are still in the home and not in DHS or MCN Children & Family custody.
ABILITY TO MAINTAIN:
Applicants must provide income verification to prove they can continue shelter, utility, and other living expenses. Rent cannot be more than 30% of gross monthly income.
Once all required documentation has been received, the social worker has three days to complete the application.
MCN Social Services
6711 S. Yale Ave, Suite 106
Tulsa, OK 74136
Phone: (918) 549-2484
Fax: (918) 298-4197