Promoting Safe & Stable Families
The mission of the Promoting Safe and Stable Families Program shall be to protect children and to preserve and strengthen families by providing resource, support, and education services to Muscogee (Creek) children and their families. Services shall promote the safety and stability of Muscogee (Creek) children and families and include immediate and appropriate intervention through support, resource, and education activities.
The purpose of the Promoting Safe and Stable Families Program is to protect the best interests of Muscogee (Creek) children and families and to promote the well-being and stability of the Muscogee (Creek) Nation through the provision of services focused on protecting Muscogee (Creek) children from harm and preserving and strengthening Muscogee (Creek) families.
- Must have a Native American child living in the home or anticipating imminent reunification
- Be enrolled or eligible for enrollment with the Muscogee (Creek) Nation
- Must live within the jurisdictional boundaries of the Muscogee (Creek) Nation
- Be able to provide verification of custody or guardianship of child(ren)
Verification of enrollment/eligibility and residence is required. Clients enrolled or eligible for enrollment with another federally recognized tribe shall be eligible for program services only upon referral from the client’s tribe.
PSSF is a voluntary home-based family service program providing case management to families based on the need for services such as but not limited to:
- Children at-risk of removal
- Preparation for imminent reunification of child(ren); or
- Following the reunification of child(ren) from foster placement
- Must be willing to participate in a case management program
- Limited Financial Assistance for those that qualify (e.g. rent payment, rent deposit, and utilities)
*PSSF is not an emergency-based service, therefore; immediate financial assistance is not available.
PSSF Program Manager
T 918.732.7869 | F 918.732.7854
Children & Family Services Administration
Department of Community & Human Services
Muscogee (Creek) Nation
P.O. Box 580 | Okmulgee, OK 74447
Main Office: (918)732-7869
Sapulpa Office: (918)224-6219
Toll-Free: (800)482-1979 ext. 7869
After-hours Emergency: (918)732-7800