COLLEGE/VO-TECH SCHOOL CLOTHING GUIDELINES
1. Student must be enrolled with Muscogee (Creek) Nation
2. Student must be 24 years of age or younger
3. Currently enrolled and attending full-time in a college /technical school. Cannot be pre-enrolled.
4. Pursuing an undergraduate education/certification
5. Student must sign the application
- College/Technical School Clothing grant is $150.00
- Assistance is based on funding availability
- Apply once per year, January 2019 through December 2019
- Reimbursements are not allowed
- Purchases are not tax exempt
- The school clothing check is void after 90 days from the date of the check
- Once the check is cashed by the applicant, the Muscogee (Creek) Nation/School Clothing Program are absolved from any further responsibility.
- Completed application, signed by student- IF NOT COMPLETE, YOUR APPLICATION WILL BE MAILED BACK TO YOU.
2. COPY OF CITIZENSHIP CARD. NO EXCEPTIONS!
3. As proof of enrollment, please submit a letter on school letterhead from the registrar showing full time enrollment and including the official seal of the college or technical school or schedule showing full time enrollment and credit hours.
1. Due within 90 calendar days from the date on the check, not the date the check is cashed.
2. Postmark dates will be accepted. Postmark dates must be legible and have the date printed.
3. Receipts must be dated on or after the date on your check. This is not a reimbursement program.
4. Receipts must total or exceed the amount awarded. Receipts are monitored for non-compliance.
* Do not submit cash, coins, check or money orders or other forms of payment with receipts.
5. Copies, scanned or original receipts will be accepted. (Do not submit photos of receipts).
6. Legibly print your name and phone number on each receipt
7. All receipts must be dated, itemized, and have the store name and phone number. Do not cut off any information
8. Garage sale receipts will not be accepted.
9. School receipts (clothing purchased from a school) must be itemized, dated, stamped with school stamp and signed by a school official.
10. Receipts must total or exceed the amount awarded
**Failure to comply with receipt due date and amount will result in student being ineligible for the next program year.
Exceptions to this will include a natural disaster or medical/family emergency. Documentation of the natural disaster or medical/family emergency and a written appeal must be submitted within 10 calendar days from date of MCN’s notifications. Documents must be dated within 90 calendar days from the date on your check.
** If receipts are not submitted or receipts do not total the amount distributed, you will not be eligible the following year.
Approved Clothing Items: Tops, pants, jeans/shorts, dresses/skirts, undergarments, belts, winter hats, winter gloves, scarves, coats, shoes, boots, coveralls. Any items purchased that are not listed on the approved list are subject to denial. Non approved items will not be counted toward your receipt total.
Non-Approved Items: check cashing fee, cell phones/minutes, make-up, perfumes, colognes, pajamas, sleepwear, swimsuits, sports gear/mouth pieces, shoe inserts, back packs, school supplies, hair accessories, jewelry, donations, umbrellas, bag fees etc.
School Clothing Staff
School Clothing Program
2971 N. Wood Dr
PO Box 580
Okmulgee, OK 74447
Monday thru Friday 8:00 am. to 5:00 p.m.
Office: (918) 549-2473
Toll Free: (800) 482-1979
Fax: (918) 549-2478